Pages

COQ AU VIN

The smell coming from the kitchen at the moment is yummy as I have made a head start on tea ready for tonight and this is sitting on the hob bubbling away. I didn't have any thighs in so I have used breasts and the kids aren't keen on mushrooms so I have bunged some carrots in instead. Last time I substituted white wine for the red and it tasted really nice but this time I had some red sat there so have used that. I did my weekly weigh in yesterday and I have managed to loose another pound, it should have been more but I HAD to eat a delicious slice of apple pie on Sunday night.



Ingredients:

75 g Smoked Streaky Bacon, Cut into small pieces
450 g skinless boneless chicken thighs
225 g shallots
225 g baby button mushrooms
1/2 pt chicken stock
1/4 pt red wine
2 bay leaves
2 tbsps tomato puree
2 tbsps plain flour
2 tbsps fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped


Instructions:


Heat a large casserole dish, then add the bacon. Dry-fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the fat runs and the bacon turns crispy.

Add the chicken thighs and whole shallots to the pan, then cook for 5 minutes until the chicken has sealed on all sides.

Add the mushrooms, stock, wine, bay leaves, tomato puree and seasoning. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 1.5 hours.

Remove the lid sift the flour into the pan then cook, whisking, until the sauce thickens slightly.

Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Serves 4
WW points per serving: 7
Freezing recommended

WW points using 2 rashers of lean bacon & chicken breasts = 4.5pts


3 comments:

Louise Galt said...

Mmmm yum think I will look into making this next week. Well done on the loss, keep it up.

david mcmahon said...

Nice work. I could whiff the kitchen aroma all the way from here in Australia.

Keep smiling ....

Janice said...

I can almost smell that - lovely. I was looking for your HS:MS and found your food blog. I have one too, but am not as diligent as you in posting to it.

Janice