Pages

CARIBBEAN CHICKEN & RICE

This is my plan for tonight. This recipe leaves plenty of points left over for lunch and snacks. I never let myself go hungry as I then I just grab anything I can to eat. I plan my day with lots of snacks included. Did you know that if you get hunger pangs your metabolism slows down so to speed it up you should eat little and often.


Ingredients:

4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
low fat cooking spray
2 onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 tsps cornflour
4 pineapple rings in juice, canned
1 pt chicken stock
4 tsps tomato ketchup
4 tsps curry powder
black pepper
350 g cooked rice

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 180c. Brown the chicken breasts in a large, non-stick frying pan then place them in a large, ovenproof dish.

Heat the spray in the non-stick pan you browned the chicken in then lightly fry the onion and pepper. Add them to the chicken.

Blend the cornflour with 4 tbsps pineapple juice. Pour the stock into the frying pan then add the pineapple rings, cornflour mixture, ketchup, curry powder and seasoning. Bring the mixture to the boil then pour it over the chicken.

Bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.

Divide equally and serve with the rice.

WW points per serving: 5 (including rice)

Freezing not recommended

1 comment:

Louise Galt said...

This looks so nice, im doing chicken today, not sure what to do with it yet, would of made this but no onion or pineapple lol.